5 Minute Choc PB Mug Cake
You know those days where you crave some sort of a sweet cake but you seriously cannot be bothered waiting for something to bake for 40 minutes, nor are you bothered to head to the store to buy some? Well this recipe is YOUR NEW LIFE SAVER. Seriously. It's so damn simple but it doesn't lack in texture or flavour at all, it's magical!! Plus, I would say it's relatively healthy, I mean compared to all the ingredients you usually get in a basic cake this one gets a thumbs up from me in terms of its ingredients. Ok I know, less talking and more moving onto this recipe because I know you'll want to get up make this considering it only takes 5 minutes!
5 MINUTE CHOC PB MUG CAKE
This 5 minute refined sugar-free & oil-free choc PB mug cake is the epitome of a simple, delicious & quick recipe. Mug cakes are so underrated and assuming you use the correct recipe, it honestly tastes just as good as an oven-baked cake! Try it out for yourself.
SERVES: 1 PREP: 3 MINS COOK: APPROX. 2 MINS
- 3 tbsp plain wholemeal flour, or sub for flour of choice
- 1.5 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter *
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut milk, room temp
- Combine flour, cacao/cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon in a mug & whisk well.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Microwave for approximately 1m 30s - 2m. Note that the cooking time will vary according to the microwave you have at home so check up on it at the 1m 30s mark and cook for an additional 30 seconds only if required.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings & enjoy!
* Make sure you use a natural PB made up of 100% peanuts! Generally the texture is more runny due to the natural oils and it just always tastes better (and is healthier for you of course).