Choc Buckwheat Pancakes (Gluten-free!)
Now, who doesn't love a rich chocolatey stack of pancakes? Seriously though, every time I dig into this stack I feel as though I'm having a decadent dessert for breakfast! Well fortunately, this recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free & even nut-free. Say what?! Yup you heard me and no it's not made out of air and grass... (haha!). Try this out for your next breakfast and you won't be disappointed!
CHOC BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free & nut-free, these fluffy & decadent chocolate pancakes are simply a dream come true! They have become a staple in my household and I'm sure they will for you too, enjoy.
SERVES: 1-2 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 10-15 MINS
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour *
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground glax seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, flax seeds and salt.
- Pour in the wet mixture and mix well until you reach a smooth batter.
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat and pour approx. 1/4 of the batter in to form each individual pancake. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
* Of course, you can substitute this for another flour. I personally love buckwheat flour as a GF option so this is my preference. If substituting this for something else, plain, wholewheat, spelt, any other GF blend etc will work, however coconut flour & almond flour will not.