Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
I don't know about you, but lemon has got to be one of my favourite flavours when it comes to sweet dishes. Seriously though! Lemon cake, lemon gelato, you name it & I'm all over it! Lemon poppyseed is such a classic combo and I thought it would be epic to mesh it into a pancake recipe (genius, right?!). If you're after a fruity twist on the usual breakfast pancakes, then you need to try this out asap!
LEMON POPPYSEED PANCAKES
Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free & nut-free, these fluffy & decadent chocolate pancakes are simply a dream come true! They have become a staple in my household and I'm sure they will for you too, enjoy.
SERVES: 1-2 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 10-15 MINS
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp water (or more almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup wholemeal flour *
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, water, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour in the wet mixture and mix well until you reach a smooth batter.
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat and pour approx. 1/4 of the batter in to form each individual pancake. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy! Refer to below for suggestions. **
* Or to make gluten-free, sub for a GF flour or GF flour blend.
** Blueberries & coconut yogurt or coconut cream go perfect with this stack!