Matcha Superfood Chia Pudding
Believe it or not, I used to really dislike chia puddings! From memory I had a strange store-bought one that just really threw me off and I literally never wanted to attempt making it at home either. Well I'm glad that one day I did because now I absolutely love it and nothing beats the home-made version. These little nutrient packed seeds are always sneaking their way into my meals through being blended into smoothies, soaked in bircher recipes, added to oatmeal... the possibilities are really endless! Packed full of protein, good fats, omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, calcium and iron, there's no reason to not include this seed into your everyday life.
Now after much experimenting, I have found that certain ingredients make the chia pudding taste a lot better. For instance using good quality coconut milk (carton, not can) makes the pudding so rich and creamy, adding a splash of vanilla or even a tsp of lemon zest really packs in good flavour and most of all serving it with granola and fresh fruit is a no brainer! I hope you try out this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do! :)
MATCHA SUPERFOOD CHIA PUDDING
Creamy and rich with the perfect amount of matcha flavour, this simple chia pudding recipe is one that everyone will love!
SERVES: 2 PREP: 10 MINS CHILL: 2-3 HRS
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp green superfood powder *
- ⅛ tsp spirulina (optional, for colour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Combine chia seeds, matcha, greens powder & spirulina (if using) into a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients and whisk until well-combined.
- Cover and chill in the fridge overnight or for 2-3 few hours until thickened.
- Layer in a jar with granola, coconut yogurt and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
* As many of you know all my powdered products (i.e. all the superfoods, vegan proteins...) are from Tropeaka. For the greens powder I use their Alkaline Greens and it is by far the best tasting greens powder I've ever had (has sort of a tropical minty flavour). Of course, feel free to omit this but hey let's try to sneak some extra greens into our diet wherever we can!