Oil-free Baked Potato Fries
One of the most highly requested recipes (yet one of the simplest!) that I get is oil-free baked potato fries. It doesn't surprise me though, I mean you can never really go wrong with a plate of baked potatoes... Yum!
As some of you may know from my Instagram posts, my secret to making perfectly crispy oil-free baked potato fries comes down to one of my favourite kitchen appliances, the air fryer! Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging you all to go out and buy one because I have successfully made this recipe in an oven too, but ever since I decided to purchase an air fryer oil-free cooking has never been easier!
OIL-FREE BAKED POTATO FRIES
Crispy on the outside & soft on the inside, these oil-free baked potato fries are bound to be one of your weekly staples. Enjoy with salad and a generous spoon of guac for a satisfying meal!
SERVES: 1-2 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 45 MINS
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large Russet potatoes
- 2-3 tsp your favourite herbs & spices (Eg. mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder) *
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To serve: Handful of rocket/arugula, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & smashed avo + lime
- To begin with, wash, peel your potatoes (you can leave the skins on if you prefer but I like to peel them, this is just personal preference so I'll leave this up to you!) then thoroughly dry them using a paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Slice into your desired shape (wedges, shoestring...), I always go for a normal thick cut.
- Sprinkle on your choice of herbs and spices (+ salt and pepper if using) and evenly coat potatoes.
- If using an air fryer, all you have to do is toss the potatoes into the basket, turn on and 'bake' at 200°C for 45 minutes or until golden on the outside and soft on the inside. I usually give the basket a bit of a toss at the 20-25 minute mark for even cooking. If using an oven, preheat at 200°C, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and evenly spread your fries on, ensuring that they don't overlap or touch. At the 20-25 minute mark, give your fries a flip and cook for an additional 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a side salad & guacamole! Enjoy.
* I find that spices do a great job in coating the fries so try experimenting with smoked paprika or even a dash of curry powder! The flavour combinations are endless which makes this recipe an even better staple to make.